Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love." - Psalm 33:5

So I've been kind of bumming lately...about a lot of things. I would be lying if I said my life was where I thought it would be at this stage. Sometimes there are a million little irritating things that all pile up and create an overall level of "I'm going crazy." At work, I keep a "feel good folder." Inside of this folder, there are newspaper clippings, printed out e-mails, and letters written to or about me that are positive. When I'm feeling low, I just browse this folder and it makes me feel better. Last Friday night, a new addition to this folder was given to me. Working at the library, it's my job (among many others) to put on events for teens and 'tweens in the community. I hosted the second ever Youth Trivia Showdown. The event was a smash hit - I loved every minute of it. At the end of the night, one of the parents got up in front of the group and thanked me for all the work I did. It was really nice. She also gave me a small blue container. I didn't know what was in it, but it didn't matter - it was the gesture and the thankfulness that really hit home with me. Later as I was cleaning up, I opened the container and found.......money - I was blown away - and not just because I had literally just that day taken an ethics test which clearly stated what I was and wasn't allowed to accept as a gift (I was safe)! I couldn't believe the parents would do such a kind thing to reward me for simply doing my job. It really was touching. I donated the money to our teen group as I didn't feel comfortable keeping it for myself, but the thought behind the donation just blew me away. So that little blue container will be in my "Feel Good Folder" to inspire me along with the other items. I would suggest everyone for their sanity's sake keep some sort of collection of things that make them feel better. And look, I am at the end of a blog post and I didn't mention movies once!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment