Friday, April 24, 2009

Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV)

6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."


Sorry I didn't blog yesterday. I fell asleep while watching my Thursday night show lineup (Survivor, Parks & Recreation, The Office, 30 Rock, Hell's Kitchen) - thank goodness for DVR!!
I must talk about a new book that is out - as a young adult librarian and a person who just loves humor, the new book Pride and Prejudice and Zombies looks amazing. I am sure some pure Austen fans will be in uproar, and some of my coworkers have said that Austen is surely turning in her grave (to which I said "No pun intended I assume?"), but what author Seth Grahame-Smith has done with the original masterpiece sounds like a riot. Basically, Grahame-Smith has added zombie action around almost all of the original classic tale. The book has quickly climbed the fiction charts, and the author has already been signed to write a book about President Lincoln being a vampire hunter. I choose to laugh about all of this, and I may just have to pick up a copy, if for nothing more than the great cover art.

If you're like me (which I bet you are not), you watch movie trailers online all the time. I came across this one yesterday, and think it looks great, and not just because my likeness is in it. Oh, my likeness refers to Michael Cera (Superbad, etc.) - quite a few people lately have told me that I remind them of him. Weird right? Well, here is the trailer for the movie - let me know what you think (and peace!):




No comments:

Post a Comment