Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I love that scripture verse above - it's very encouraging, especially during an economic downturn. I hope that verse doesn't apply to television shows though, because FOX premiered Sit Down and Shut Up this past Sunday, and that deserves anything but hope for a future. The animated half-hour could be the worst debut for a show I have ever seen. The talented voice cast with stars from Arrested Development and Saturday Night Live can't even begin to save material so boring and dry that I found myself zoning out (I actually rewound it once because I had no idea what was going on.) The basic premise of the show is that a bunch of teachers at a public school have "drama" with each other and students. That about sums it up. It's really not funny at all. Thank goodness for Family Guy and The Simpsons because the latest new animated additions have just been so disappointing.


Did you watch it? What did you think? Did you purposely avoid it? Comment!

1 comment:

  1. This post is from months ago, so you probably won't ever see this comment, but I felt the need to comment anyway...

    I watched the premiere of Sit Down Shut Up because it sounded promising and I love Jason Bateman... But seriously... I totally agree with you, worst premiere in quite some time. Soo disappointed.

    ReplyDelete