Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy." - Job 8:21 (NIV)

Sorry it's been so long since I have updated the blog. If you watch television, you may understand why I've been so crazy lately. I am a contestant on the show "I Survived a Japanese Game Show." The show is basically a cross between Big Brother and Double Dare, and was put together by some of the most talented producers in the business. I want to encourage people to watch the show.

In my real world life, things have been really cool. The show, despite faltering ratings, has made me recognizable on a very small scale. I am honestly thankful that more people don't approach me on the streets as it's so awkward. I wasn't on the show to gain exposure, but instead have an experience of a lifetime. A couple of people in my local Subway sandwich shop the other day were like "Hey, were you on a show?" When I told them I was, one responsed (he was like 12) "YOU SENT THAT CHICK HOMMMMMME!!!", referring to Yari from the second week's episode. A bunch of people have come into the library and let me know they are cheering me on. It's nice, it's my "15 minutes", and I want to enjoy them.

Outside of the show, there really hasn't been that much exciting (pretty sure being on a major network reality show is busy enough!), and that can be a good thing. I love my job at the library, but things have been really stressful lately. The library was hit with budget cuts that on one level seem really small but when you actually work in the place and see all the changes, it's devasting. For instance, I used to run two to four programs every month for the great teenagers in Shrewsbury. Now because of staffing reductions and redistribution of tasks, I am limited to one program every three months. This kills me as I know the teens in the community deserve more, and they did nothing and could do nothing from preventing the cuts to the library budget. In layman's terms: it sucks.

I went to see "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" the other day, and enjoyed it somewhat. While it was overlong and really nothing that new, it was a nice way to get 2 1/2 hours of air conditioning. I hope to see "Public Enemies" soon, but what I'm really exciting about is "(500) days of Summer." I love indie films, and this one is getting rave reviews. I have to run, leave comment if you would like, and I posted the trailer for "Summer" below:


No comments:

Post a Comment