Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Now leave me alone so that my anger may burn against them and that I may destroy them." - Exodus 32:10a

Another Majide Wednesday and another Red Robot exit. This week, Jamie returns to the snake pit comprised of Justin and I after defeating Drew in the raw squid challenge. The old saying "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" can be inserted here perfectly. I wanted to just shake her and yell "This is a game! This is a game! This is a game!" Her "Drew blinders" were on though, and I guess the thought of sleeping in the Majide bed alone was too much for her to take. I thought Jamie was awesome, fun, and entertaining up until this point in the game. Now things were just tense. This is also about the time where Justin proclaims himself to be the "puppet master", so hopefully that makes him happy (I wrote something else here originally, but I really am a nice person so I didn't post it.).

The first game of this episode involves bobbing for raw fish and squid. It was so cold and miserable, and I was the only RR able to get a fish. One wasn't enough for us though, as the Green Tigers got 3. The second game, "fan favorite" Baby Go Boom Boom involved a whole lot of milk, giant babies (us), and me wearing a grandma suit. This was actually so much fun to play. I really enjoyed this game. The RR's do horribly, as usual, but at least we had a blast getting a third of the milk the Green Tigers do. Justin did so well on our team - I was really impressed. I made the comment about this game being like the drunk experience, and that's probably why Justin did so well. This was just a "been there, done that" for him.

So the punishment and reward both involve sumos, which really couldn't be more boring in my opinion. Either way, watching obese people rub up against each other and grunt isn't my idea of a good time (no offense Bobaloo.) The punishment was rephrehensible and I cannot remember a time when I have been so angry. That sumo in the show was really naked - it wasn't just an editing trick. He came in and was just like "shower time." I hope his parents are proud. While it was supposedly an honor to set foot into the place, I found cleaning the subway station to be more fulfilling. I hope Drew was laughing his head off watching tonight because had I been eliminated last week, you better believe I would have been relieved not to have taken part in such a terrible punishment.

So then the elimination challenge comes, and for some reason Justin thinks he is a mastermind for letting Jamie decide the outcome. I don't know, help me out with that logic. So Jamie thinks I will be easier to beat as I am a librarian. Let me set the record straight. I am a YOUNG ADULT LIBRARIAN. Librarians in all shapes and forms rock, but a YOUNG ADULT LIBRARIAN is different. We're in touch with youth. Many of us are active, athletic, and know what having a good time is like. We have to know what teens are into to do our job well. This involves staying very active. We're perfect candidates for Majide, and you challenge one of us to a fight, we're going to fight like heck to send your pretty little behind home. That said, she chooses me and off we go to the throw-a-ball-into-the-dragon-nose game.

Basically I get 3 balls into the dragon nose, she gets 0, and it's peace out Jamie. Back to America. Back to Drew. When she left, I really was sad. Before the whole relationship thing, I thought the world of Jamie. And I want to clarify - the relationship thing did not bother me at all as a relationship, but only from a gaming standpoint. Maybe Jamie and Drew weren't Rob and Amber, but I would rather be sending one of them home than sitting on my own return flight thinking "why didn't I see that coming?!" In the end, Jamie wasn't the greatest competitor in challenges, but frankly, there is nobody on earth, including myself, who would be expected to rock these crazy games. Jamie brought a sense of fun and entertainment into the house. She would call me "My Evan" as she thinks I look like Michael Cera from "Superbad." She has an infectious laugh, and a smile that is magazine-cover worthy. I really hope Jamie and Drew work out if it's what's best for them, and then they both will have won something from their time in Japan.

Vote in the poll on the right. Jamie is not there as the poll was made before her departure, but there will be other poll questions in the future that she will be a part of. What did you all think of tonight's episode? Leave your comments below - and remember, you DO NOT have to be a Blogger member to leave your feedback. Peace!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I missed the episode and am glad you made it the next round! good goin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are my thoughts:

    I was cheering like mad when you got a fish out of there, but I felt bad for all of y'all for sticking your heads in water that cold. I gotta give you props for doing that, cuz I couldn't.

    I felt so bad for you doing the punishment........you looked so horrified and disgusted. I just basically went back to my laptop screen and updated my twitter like mad during that little bit.

    And I totally thought you rocked the elimination challenge! The reason why my friend Stephie and I are rooting for you is because we think you're a strong competitor and the best is yet to come!

    And before the whole Drew thing, Jamie was one of my favorite players. She was sweet and seemed like a good competitor.

    So those are my thoughts on tonight........I always love reading what you have to say. You are so sweet and down-to-earth.

    Look forward to reading what you have to say next,
    ***-Lily-***

    P.S. if you get some time, feel free to check out my blog. Just click on my name in this comment and it'll lead you to it! :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Darcy put it in her blog, I don't know where the other Red Robots are getting this "the quiet, polite librarian MUST be a weak player" crap from. At this point in the show, you've gone up for elimination twice, and have kicked major butt both times. You've volunteered at least twice (off the top of my head) to be the "disadvantaged" player in the challenges (being shackled last week, and "riding Grandma's back" this week) and it hasn't noticeably slowed you down. In short, you're demonstrating that you're actually a really fierce competitor, and if they were living in reality, they'd be worried about you walking off with the whole thing.

    But then, there seems to be a huge gap between what the players THINK is happening, versus what is actually happening. In Alternate Majide World, Drew is walking off with every challenge because of his superior athletic ability; Justin is a diabolical (and effective) "puppet master"; Bobaloo is tormenting Debbie with his asshole ways; soccer mom Cathy (who in Real World Majide is now an astonishing 12 for 12 in the challenges!) is a "weak link"; and you are some kind of pushover who's holding everyone back.

    Wake up, people! Here in Real World Majide, Dan is quietly kicking ass! FEAR HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am absolutely loving watching I Survived A Japanese Gameshow. I was in Japan in April, for vacation. So watching the show makes me miss it terribly. I usually get out some of my Japanese candy and eat it while watching the show!

    Dan you are definitely one of my favorites! I always feel bad that you guys are losing. :(
    I love your honesty, and I am so glad that I stumbled across your blog. I will definitely keep following.

    Better luck, next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way...you are kind of looking like John Mayer in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dude, u need to get laid

    ReplyDelete