Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you." - James 1:21

I Survived a Japanese Game Show Episode 5 recap ***SPOILER WARNING***

Week five begins in the house, and now that Bobaloo is gone, I get to do much of the narration! I used to weigh 270 pounds, so maybe it's a vocal thing, but whatever the case, my first narration of the night is how I am unhappy that Jamie and Drew are "hooking up." Frankly, in the real world, I could care less what those two did in a bed, but in Majide world, it's only natural when you seclude yourself, people will talk, and talk I did.

So the first game begins, which is called "Soccer Time with Grandpa" where we were told to hike up our socks and stumble out into the Majide set like we were old folk. Rome (the host) lets us know we need to send one member of the Robots to the Tigers to even things up. We had discussed this earlier, and Cathy goes back where she came from. There were a lot of different scenarios we thought out, but the safest thing at that point was just to restore things to their original place. The game begins - basically we need to put on vision impaired or "drunk" goggles and try to score goals. This is certainly a game you have to watch to appreciate, because it was a riot to see but really boring to explain. The Tigers win 5-3 (Jamie and myself don't score), and Cathy continues her winning streak.

The second game, "Stuck on Golf" (which was not the original name of the game - a press release from ABC already called the game "Mini-Golf with Sticky Balls", but I guess that was too risque for the show) was one of the grossest team games yet - I'm not going to go into it in full detail, but basically players tried to remove balls from a sticky surface. The Tigers win again, and get a trip to a sake brewery. For me, the never had a drop of alcohol kid, I was like "big whoop" and actually looked forward to the punishment which was working as a seaweed harvester.

Bring on the drama! Justin and I decide to team up as Jamie and
Drew obviously have teamed up - in the bedroom anyways. Justin and I decide to vote for "the lovebirds" and they in turn vote for us. To be fair, Jamie originally was willing to step up if I also stepped up, but read on. So fortunately for Justin and I, we played a better all around social game compared to the lovebirds, and the Tigers honored their word to us to put in Jamie and Drew if we forced a tie. Now to the $10,000 question - why did I step up in week two to be in the elimination game but not today? Well, at the beginning when the team still had six players, Jamie, Drew, Justin, and I agreed to fight to be the final four standing on our team. We wanted things to be fun, and handle the big decisions carefully, basing elimination decisions on performance. I thought it was very conveinent how Drew tried to peg me not getting a goal in the first game as why I should go in, but never brought up him falling in the sticky stuff in the second game when he had no restraint like I did. I thought it was funny how when Drew was throwing balls off the course, many were bouncing off the wall in the studio and back onto the course. So if Drew had rocked it and I had totally sucked, I would have stepped up, but unlike falling on a treadmill, this time it was not "black and white." Jamie also annoyed me in this episode, with her "I stepped up because I sucked, Dan should too" type speech. Did she step up in episode one when she fell on the bunny plank? No, so don't get all hypocritical on me now sweetheart. So I had not an ounce of guilt with the way things went down.

The elimination game was repulsive, and involved squid and stockings, and basically Jamie managed to pull it out and send her loverboy packing. Not since Kimberly did the other contestants jump for such joy at a dismissal. When Bobaloo, Debbie, and Yari went home, things were somber - but for a lawyer who threatened to "F" my life up if he came back, well, peace out buddy.

Keeping it totally real though, prior to Jamie and Drew being "Jamie and Drew", I really liked both of them. As this is Drew's exit episode, I will comment on him prior to the sorry end. I think it was the second or third day into the game, and a bunch of us were in the Majide house living room playing a game Megan or Bobaloo devised where we would all write questions on slips of paper and put them in a hat, and when you pulled one out, you would have to answer. They were questions anywhere from "What is your least favorite movie?" to "What is your favorite sexual position?" Well, Drew took a turn and got the question "Who do you think you will stay in touch with after the show is done?" It was early in the game, and he had a hard time coming up with an answer, but he said he thought he would most likely stay in touch with me. I was really touched - I mean, you try and make a good first impression, and I guess I did. Drew also played talk show host in the house as another means of getting to know people. He was really fun, and I enjoyed those moments together.

So while things were tense in the end, I truly wish him the best of luck. Peace!


5 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! You're hilarious and so down to earth. I can't wait to see the next episode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dan! I'm loving the show and your blog! :D
    And... okay, I swear I'm not just being a shameless self-promoter, but I really feel like you might relate to and appreciate this song that I wrote.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQGxqcz-rw4
    Hopefully that's not too obnoxious of me. :P
    Take care,
    Stephan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dan!

    I LOVE reading your blog........you seem so nice! If you get a chance, you can read my blog if you want:

    http://justasmalltowngirl-theaterprep8908.blogspot.com/

    Look forward to seeing the next episode!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I changed my blog name, so if the link doesn't work, try this:

    http://livininalonelyworld8908.blogspot.com

    Looking forward to seeing what you post next!

    ReplyDelete