Thursday, August 27, 2009

"Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing." - 2 Timothy 4:8

Greetings!

So many of you are new to my blog - you haven't known me pre-"I Survived a Japanese Game Show". Those of you that have been my friends for a while though know that for the past four years, on September 26th, I post what I call "The Dan Awards." It's silly really, but it's become sort of a tradition. This year is the fifth awards blog-emony - basically I give out recognition to my favorite things in the past year of my life. About a month before (which would be now), I post my nominees. Unlike other award shows though, my nominees might change right up until the night before as things that happen right up until when I make that post could change an outcome. From best film to best cd to more offbeat awards, I cover a whole spectrum of things all for the purpose of having fun. So don't be offended or take this post too seriously - it's just for fun. That being said, here are the nominees for the fifth annual DAN AWARDS!

Best Movie (Viewed by Dan from 9/27/08 to 9/26/09)
Away We Go
Inglorious Basterds
Slumdog Millionaire
Up
Wanted

Best CD (Purchased by Dan from 9/27/08 to 9/26/09)
Free by Gavin DeGraw
When the World Comes Down by The All-American Rejects
Day and Age by The Killers

Best Song (Downloaded or Uploaded Legally by Dan from 9/27/08 to 9/26/09)
"Show Me What I'm Looking For" by Carolina Liar
"All My Days" by Alexi Murdoch
"Mona Lisa" by The All-American Rejects
"Never Say Never" by The Fray
"Joy Ride" by The Killers

Best Concert/Performance (Attended by Dan from 9/27/08 to 9/26/09)
The All-American Rejects - Boston, MA.
The Killers - Boston, MA.
Paul McCartney - Boston, MA.
Ray Romano & Brad Garrett - Boston, MA.
Vampire Weekend - Boston, MA.

Best or Most Memorable Accomplishment or Moment (from 9/27/08 to 9/26/09)
Standing in the Freezing Cold at the Inauguration of President Barack Obama - Washington, DC.
Coming in Third in a Small Stakes Poker Tournament in Vegas - Las Vegas, NV.
Getting Selected and Participating in the show "I Survived a Japanese Game Show"
Seeing a "Milk Shake" at the Wiener Circle
Moving Into a New Apartment That is Full of Awesomeness

Best TV Show (Scripted -watched by Dan from 9/27/08 to 9/26/09)
30 Rock
The Big Bang Theory
Grey's Anatomy
How I Met Your Mother
Parks and Recreation

Best TV Show (Reality - watched by Dan from 9/27/08 to 9/26/09)
The Amazing Race
Big Brother
I Survived a Japanese Game Show
Survivor
Top Chef

There are other categories too, along with the worst of the year awards. I will post more nominees and categories as the time grows closer. Peace!






1 comment:

  1. I will comment on some of these:

    I haven't seen any of the movies you chose, but I wanted to see "Up" and I heard "Slumdog Millionaire" was really good. "When The World Comes Down" is an awesome CD (AAR is one of my fave bands). The only scripted show out of the ones you posted that I watch is "Grey's Anatomy" altho I didn't watch last season. That's one of my favorite scripted shows. The only other realiy show I watched that you listed besides ISAJGS is Survivor. One of my favorite shows, can't wait for the new season! Premieres September 17th on CBS.

    My one question is, what is so significant about September 26th?

    I think this blog awards thing is a cute idea. Thanks for sharing with us!

    Peace out,
    ***-Lily-***

    ReplyDelete