Friday, August 21, 2009

"A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal..." - Proverbs 12:10a

Sorry it's been a few days for an update. It's been a rough week. I'm not going to get into it much, but in short, this past weekend my dad ended up in the hospital....thankfully he is fine now (hopefully) and home safe. That's just a stressful and scary thing - but I am so thankful he's doing well now!

Monday, someone who volunteered at the library (and used to work there for years) who I was not super close to, but I did know, passed away. It was really sad as she was such a sweet person, and did so much good for the library. Just a couple of months ago she was passing by my desk, asking about what was new in my life, and working hard as a volunteer. Now she is gone. It's so sad, and she will be missed.

Then yesterday, our family had to make the tough decision to put our 16 year-old Shetland Sheepdog named Taffy down. She was very ill, and her quality of life was very small, however it doesn't make losing her any easier. She was a great dog, I loved her a ton, and am really sad. There is no easy way to cope, but I do know that Taffy had a great long life, and she was loved (and spoiled!) by her family.

I'll update the blog on a more regular basis next week, I just need a few days right now. Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. Omw, Dan, I'm so sorry for everything that has happened. I can relate to some of the things that have happened:

    I've lost many pets over the years (a dog and 2 cats), and it's never easy to say goodbye. I was talking with one of my closest friends, Katie last night about losing pets and she has had her share of losing pets too.

    Also, last April, a student in one of my classes that I knew but was not very close to, passed away from menangitis (not sure how to spell that). I had missed class on the day we found out, but I heard it from another student the following class day. We just managed to talk about him. He was always smiling, always helpful, and just a good student. I didn't know him very well but I knew who he was.

    And also, last month (just about a month ago), my grandmother was in the hospital due to an infection from a cat bite. She stayed there for a few days and then when she was released, she had to go back for the next 12 days to get infusion. I went with her while I was there, and it was hard, but she's doing much better now.

    Just take all the time you need for yourself. I'll be thinking about you.

    Take care,
    ***-Lily-***

    ReplyDelete